Little Jay Fox product licenses are broken into 3 different types: Freebies, Standard and Extended. Standard and Extended Licenses apply to products purchased through My product page. These licenses are all listed below with what is allowed and isn’t allowed under each one.
If you have any questions or need any further clarity, feel free to contact me for written approval.
- There are 3 Little Jay Fox License types: Freebies, Standard and Extended.
- Items may be used/installed on one computer per Standard/Extended License.
- Standard Licenses are for personal use in items not intended for sale.
- Using an item for business purposes? You’ll need an Extended License.
- Further questions? Contact me.
- If you are a company that needs multiple extended licenses, please get in touch about pricing.
Freebie License Rights
All free resources available on JenShannon.com are royalty free for use in both personal and commercial projects, with some restrictions.
- Be used without limit for personal work or work you do that is offered for free (aka you are not being paid for the word you are doing).
- Used for items listed for sale where it is not the core reason the item would be purchased.
- Be used within personal logos (logos you create for your own business), as long as the logo is for personal use and you are not being paid to create the logo for someone.
- Be redistributed or sold as if they are your own.
- Be used as part of a greater freebie offered elsewhere.
Standard License Rights
Applies to items purchased which are to be used in personal projects not intended for sale. Business usages are not permitted under the Standard License (please see Extended License details).
The Standard License grants you ongoing permission to use the Item to create personal use end products that are not intended to be sold. For the purposes of this Standard License, ‘sold’ means you plan to sell, license, sub-license or distribute the end product for any type of fee or charge.
- Personal usages only.
- You may modify or manipulate the Item, or incorporate it into other content and make a derivative work from it.
- You may use the Item in a new end product so long as it is not used alone, but instead as elements or parts of a new design (regardless of how much the item has been modified or how much of the new design it makes up).
- You may not sublicense, resell, share, transfer, or otherwise redistribute the Item on its own (e.g. as stock, in a tool or template, with source files, and/or not incorporated into an end product) under any circumstances, not even for free.
- You may not sell the end product, or sell access to the end product. This does not prevent you from charging a single client for your services to create the end product, in which case the client will be bound by the terms of this license, preventing them from selling the end product. If you or your client wants to sell the end product, you or they must purchase an Extended License.
- You may not use the item for business purposes, e.g. advertising, promotions, packaging, etc. You must purchase the extended license for all business related needs.
- You may not make the Item available on a digital asset management system, shared drive, or the like for the purposes of sharing or transferring the Item, and you must not permit an end user of the end product to extract the Item and use it separately from the end product.
- You may not publicly display the Item: (a) as a standalone file in any digital format on the internet; or (b) in any digital format without imposing technical or written restrictions to prevent the unauthorized use of the Item by third parties. You agree to take all commercially reasonable steps to prevent third parties from accessing and/or duplicating the Item.
- You may not register as a trademark the Item or the end product incorporating the Item – not even logos. If you use the Item to create a logo for yourself or a client, keep in mind that third parties can use the Item too, even in another logo.
- You may not falsely represent, expressly or by way of reasonable implication, that any Item was created by you or a person other than Jen Shannon (the copyright holder under the artist name of Little Jay Fox Designs or Little Jay Fox) of that Item.
Extended License License Rights
An Extended License allows the item purchased to be used in artwork intended to be sold, or used for any business-related purposes.
An Extended License certificate comes with every Extended License purchase from Jen Shannon. The Extended License grants you ongoing permission to use the Item to create end products that are intended to be sold or used for business purposes (e.g. advertising, promotions, packaging, etc.). For the purposes of this Extended License, ‘sold’ means you plan to sell, license, sub-license or distribute the end product for any type of fee or charge.
- The Extended License allows you to use Items in any manner permitted under the Standard License, and you may use Items to create end products that are intended to be sold or used for business purposes (e.g. advertising, promotions, packaging, etc.).
- You do not have the rights to resell the product as if it were your own.
- You do not have the rights to distribute the product with client proofs, or in unflattened files.
- You do not have the rights to share the product with clients or other designers (they must purchase their own extended or standard license).
- You do not have the rights to offer the product in a giveaway or promotion.