2016 is here! Can you believe yet ANOTHER year has flown by and we are already at the start of a new year? I have a lot of plans for this year, including adding baby #3 to our roost in February.
I thought this would be a good time to refresh myself and begin blogging regularly again. I used to be really good with blogging regularly but this past year has taken its toll on my time and attention. Learning to juggle two children while also being pregnant with the third, opening the brick and mortar studio, three deaths in our family, etc, really made it difficult to sit down and write quality content. My philosphy has always been to either write quality content or no content at all. Now that I’ve gotten to the other side of what turned out to be a great, but hectic year, I feel I have a better grasp on my time and scheduling things, though that will be disrupted coming up here soon when baby #3 comes.
So to start fresh for 2016 on my blog, I thought I’d post 20 random facts about myself. I’d love to hear 20 random facts about you too, so feel free to comment about yourself in the comment section below! Cheers to a happy, healthy, successful 2016!
20 RANDOM FACTS ABOUT ME
- I’m a starter, not a finisher. I can’t tell you how many hobby projects I’ve started and gotten bored with.
- I have a handful of really close friends and I prefer it over having a larger number of friends.
- Sushi is my favorite food on earth.
- I love to cook but I hate the cleanup (again, I’m a starter, not a finisher).
- People tend to think I’m an extrovert because I’m a good conversationalist and generally outgoing, but when given the option, I’d rather just be home with my family.
- I have more makeup than anyone should have for just themselves. It’s not because I’m vein. Most days I don’t even wear makeup. I have it because it’s like a painter with a new canvas. You have various paints and tools for different jobs, designs, and finishes, but the canvas happens to always be my face.
- I like to tell myself that I’m fashionable, but the truth is, most days I wear yoga pants and a t shirt. It’s a goal of mine to start dressing better every day.
- My favorite candle scent is from Bath and Body Works and it’s Fresh Balsam. No, it’s Sweater Weather. No, it’s Leaves. Dang it, I can’t decide!
- One of my many pet peeves is when people ask me to take a picture with their phones because I’m “a photographer and would take a better picture than anyone anyway.” The truth is, anyone can take an iPhone picture of a group shot and they likely will mostly look the same. I’m not the designated picture taker just because I’m a professional photographer. There’s so much more that goes into creating beautiful portraiture than just a camera and smiling.
- I live in Florida, about 20 minutes or so from the beach, and I never go.
- I have lived in Florida the majority of my life and have never been to Disney. I know. It’s like a cardinal sin for a Floridian.
- I love the peace, quiet, and stillness of a dark, dreary day when it includes soft music, candles, and a warm beverage. Nothing makes it better than the rain though! I only wish I had a tin roof!
- I always have painted nails. I have the at-home gel nail kit (Sensationail) so I always have great looking nails without having to repaint them every two days.
- I love to sleep in and by sleep in, I mean 10 or 11am, not 7 or 8, which I know is sleeping in for most people.
- I can’t stand lateness. I am rarely late. I’m usually always early. I have two kids (almost 3). If I can manage to be early or on time regularly, why can’t other people? I try to extend grace to people when they show up late, but for regular offenders, it drives me crazy inside.
- I can’t sleep without applying lip balm of some sort before bed.
- Publix buttercream is the best icing on the planet.
- I’ve never seen the new Star Wars, Frozen, Twilight, Survivor, and I’m ok with that.
- I love getting dressed and going out on a date with my hubby. Any excuse to dress up and go out is fun for me!
- If money was no object, I would continue doing this job, because it’s what I love.